Hi Wayne,

As far as I know mod_proxy_balancer does not have sticky sessions on by
default, you have to tell it what cookie to use.  Am am assuming that you
have multiple tomcats (or similar) behind apache, are you using any sort of
session replication for them?

Does this exception occur when you go directly to tomcat (or whatever you
are using) and bypass apache, if so then it indicates a different problem.

--
Regards - Richard Wilkinson
Developer,