Finally!  I've found others who are looking into Wicket on GAE.  :)

Something else to look into, that is frequently mentioned on the GAE/J lists
but not here, is Objectify - a very thin layer over the GAE datastore.  I
was using JDO, PMF, etc and found Objectify to be a pretty easy switch.
Also, in the process, I discovered several cases where JDO "features" were
not implemented as I thought.  For example, I thought I could use JDO
transactions to prevent race conditions in a case where two users were
trying to create identical objects (when I only wanted one).  It turns out
that may not be the case and I would need to manage the lock/permissions
myself.

See:
http://groups.google.com/group/objectify-appengine/browse_thread/thread/d71889d94ebf8302

Glad to find other GAE/Wicket users!