Checked it out. This is good, but I am not sure how to integrate this with
Wicket. Currently it seems that WRO's url is being override by WicketFilter,
so I am not being able to access WRO resources.

BTW going back to original problem. I tired to debug the Wicket code and it
seems for shared resources the SharedResourceRequestTraget simply invokes
PackageResource, while for non globally shared resources
JavascriptPackageResource is invoked. JavascriptPackageResource  seems to be
responsible for gzipping and minizing JS code. Not sure how do I 'ask'
Wicket to do the same for globally resources.

Regards,
Apple Grew
my blog @ http://blog.applegrew.com/