Hi

I revived my old wicket talk yesterday and since we are using guice at
the company where Im at now the people attending the talk wanted to
see my examples in guice / wicket instead of spring / wicket. So I
used the legup archetype. Which worked nicely until I did a ldm which
I had to inject a dao into. With spring I would add the ldm to the
component instantiation listener, but if I do it the "spring" way
(InjectorHolder.getInjector().inject(this);) I get this error:

WicketMessage: Can't instantiate page using constructor public
com.netdesign.blog.ViewPostPage(org.apache.wicket.PageParameters) and
argument postid = "[3]"

Root cause:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: InjectorHolder has not been assigned
an injector. Use InjectorHolder.setInjector() to assign an injector.
In most cases this should be done once inside SpringWebApplication
subclass's init() method.
at
org.apache.wicket.injection.web.InjectorHolder.getInjector(InjectorHolder.java:70)

Now there are several things I wonder about, first of all, why are
spring mentioned at all? Does wicket package DI specific classes in a
common distribution, and if so should'nt it be called something
specific towards the targetet DI framework. And second and more
important how can I achieve the same thing with guice? Or this could
also be a "bug" with legup or something. But I actually checked the
init method and  InjectorHolder.setInjector does not take the guice
component injector as argument.

regards Nino