This appears to be an issue in the documentation of the AjaxSubmitLink.  I
just checked and the documentation is still the same in 1.4.  I will try to
verify this and fix it tomorrow.  In the meantime, it would be helpful if
you opened a JIRA issue to keep track of this (post the link back to this
thread).

Anyway, the documentation is written as if this were a fallback component
(i.e. AjaxFallbackLink).  However, it is not.  Obviously, if you do not have
JS enabled, you can not submit a form with a link in the browser.  You could
only submit it with a submit button.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com