That method of css generation you propose would be generating CSS (even
if it were into a separate .css file) with each page render. If you're
dealing with a lot of CSS that probably isn't the most efficient method.

Generating CSS at render time would mean the browser could not take
advantage of CSS caching - which would be bad in these days of quite
large CSS files.

You might be better off considering a separate CSS generator that
doesn't generate CSS at 'page render time'.