Hi Matt

some long time ago I had a similiar problem with AjaxEditableLabel. I used tomcat and there you need to configure the connector using "useBodyEncodingForURI=true" to make the ajax requests correctly encoded (using utf8).

<Connector port="8009"  protocol="AJP/1.3"
           redirectPort="8443"
           useBodyEncodingForURI="true"  />

eike