I'm having some problems with
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter in some
cases. I did some debugging and found that
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter isn't doing ServletFilter
chaining: when it is called when a Wicket page is requested, it is breaking the
filter chain by not calling the Filter.doFilter method (from Servlet API),
causing other filters defined in web.xml not to work within the same
url-pattern. (A workaround is to define WicketFilter as last entry in web.xml.)
When a non-wicket url is called within the same url-pattern, then WicketFilter
does perform a doFilter, allowing other filters to do some work.

In Servlet applications (which Wicket basically also is), I think it is
expected behaviour that all filters within some url-pattern should always be
called. But WicketFilter seems to break it. Is this expected behaviour?