Hi guys, thank you very much for your comments,

let me explain a little bit deeper my solution, I have a method that create
and execute a thread when I iniciate the aplication, inside if the init
wicket metod, inside of the thread I call another method that updates a
state in the database, I mean if the system time is 48 hours more than the
time saved in that row of the database it updates a field to TRUE, simple

this thread is executed every 30 minutes,

pseudocode:
Thread runing for ever{
   -Execute method to update the state
   -Sleep thread for 30 minutes
}

Now he told me that I can do something like that with Spring... I´m
absolutly lost, I do not know if he knows what he is saying or just making
me crazy....

thanks guyss!!