Hi there,

I'm currently running out of ideas on this problem. When detaching the
request wicket it's giving me a nasty Serialization exception problem.

It happens that the error is:
- Error serializing object class
com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.portlet.reportviewer.EditModePage
[object=[Page class =
com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.portlet.reportviewer.EditModePage,
id = 1, version = 0, ajax = 0]]
org.apache.wicket.util.io.SerializableChecker
$WicketNotSerializableException: Unable to serialize class:
com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.component.preferences.ReportPreferencesComponentFactory

And follows hierarchy. But I'm not keeping any reference to this Object
(ReportPreferencesComponentFactory).  It's a transient object that
builds some other dynamic content.

But it keeps telling me that it's not serializable. It must be a
reference anyway in code. But the only place where I use it is here:
ReportPreferencesComponentFactory factory = new
ReportPreferencesComponentFactory("preferenceComponent", task);

for(Iterator<IParameterDefnBase> it = paramDefs.iterator();
it.hasNext();)
{
IParameterDefnBase paramDef = it.next();
Panel component;
try {
        component = factory.buildComponent(paramDef, prefs);
        componentList.add(component);
} catch (PreferenceComponentUnknown e) {
        log.warn("Cannot add preference component for parameter " +
paramDef.getName() + ": " + e.getMessage());

factory = null;

It's used for component creation (no references inside also) and then
destroyed... No inner clases references as the hierarchy says...

Any ideas on this?

Hierarchy:
                private java.lang.Object
org.apache.wicket.model.util.GenericBaseModel.object[write:1]
[class=com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.component.preferences.ScalarDynamicListPreferenceComponentImpl,
 path=preferenceComponent]
                  java.lang.Object org.apache.wicket.Component.data
[class=com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.component.preferences.ReportPreferencesComponentFactory$1]
                    final
com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.component.preferences.ReportPreferencesComponentFactory

com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.component.preferences.ReportPreferencesComponentFactory$1.this$0

[class=com.level2.portals.crm.wicket.report.component.preferences.ReportPreferencesComponentFactory]
 <----- field that is not serializable