Yes, @EJB is still available, and it is still required in some cases. But the
general approach to injection has changed with CDI. See
http://seamframework.org/Community/InjectingWithEJBOrInject for a discussion.

My original question is about how to use Wicket with CDI (injecting EJBs and
other beans), and your suggestion is not to use CDI, which does not really
solve the problem...

By the way, the nice thing about @Inject is that you no longer have to use JNDI
lookups or bean names in @EJB annotations.

And the specific problem is NOT that @Inject does not not work for EJBs, but
the injected proxies fail to serialize properly.

If I understand the javaee-inject implementation correctly, it takes care not
to serialize proxies but replaces them by references on serialization, looking
up the same reference again on deserialization.

I suppose my problem would be solved if the CDI InjectionTarget were using this
approach, but this is a CDI implementation detail and out of my control.

Anybody else out there using Wicket+CDI+EJB? Have you come across similar
problems?

Best regards,

Harald