Ok, just wanted to make sure before duplicating any work.

Anyway, using wicket-ioc and looking at wicket-guice, I implemented a small lib
(two classes, actually) performing CDI injection on Wicket components, wrapping
the reference returned from the CDI BeanManager in a proxy that is serializable
and re-injects all injection points using the BeanManager on deserialization.

This was indeed just a few hours' work ;-)

BUT I currently only handle the most frequent case

    @Inject
    private Foo foo;

Only field injection, no method, constructor or parameter injection, no
qualifiers or stereotypes. Getting all that right, including test cases, would
easily take a week or two, and the hardest part would not be the implementation
itself but understanding all the details of the CDI spec and fighting with
problems in the app server. (And I still think this serialization issue is
really a bug in Glassfish.)

At any rate, I'd be happy to share my code - would it make sense to create a
small subproject wicket-cdi, either in wicket or in wicketstuff? I think this
topic is of suffciently general interest, or at least will be, when more
projects move to Java EE 6.

Regards,
Harald