Jeremy Thomerson-5 wrote:

> you need to be adding the components to the form.  you're currently adding
> them to the page itself.  the component hierarchy is thus broken.  on your
> child page, either do getForm().add(foo) [you'll need to expose a getForm
> method that returns the form from the parent page] or else on your parent
> page (BaseEditPage), setTransparentResolver(true) on the form and add the
> form children to the page then.

It's working but is far from satisfying... It breaks the encapsulation of
the sub-classes (and those of the sub-sub-classes) because they have to know
they can't use add() anymore but have to use some addToForm(). Once you have
a form somewhere in the hierarchy, trouble begins.

Also, you cannot declare the form as a transparent resolver anymore which
means that every component, not only form components, need to use that
special method. I'm currently trying to find a way to avoid changing all the
hundreds of add() calls in my project...