Getting this error when trying to use AnnotApplicationContextMock. Judging by the example shown in the latest javadocs: http://wicketbyexample.com/api/wicket-spring/latest/org/apache/wicket/spring/injection/annot/test/AnnotApplicationContextMock.html you should create the application context mock before initializing WicketTester. However then you get the error mentioned in the subject, ie. "no application attached to current thread main".

However if I initialize the WicketTester before the AnnotApplicationContextMock I get null pointer errors which are caused when the Panel or Page to be tested tries to access a service, which seems to apply that they don't get injected correctly in this case either.