you can override the validator message in the page's property files.
validator messages are usually named after the class of the validator,
so to override the required message you would put
RequiredValidator=${label} is broken in your mypage.properties.

for the column headings, the columns take an imodel for the label,
give it a resourcemodel.

-igor