Hi all,

It's been more than 2 month since I've created WICKET-2889 and submitted a patch to fix it. As nobody commented yet, I thought I should mention it here.

The attached patch reduced required heap space for stateful pages by 2/3 (depends on configuration though, >100M for my application running with a total heap of 768M) without any noticeable impact on performance. I'm using a custom PageMap that requires a few trivial changes in SecondLevelCachePageMap (visibility and a hook called onAfterLastPageSet(..)). I doubt that there's any reason not to apply it for 1.4.10. Whether to include the new class (ExpiringSecondLevelCacheSessionStore) is optional, but I'd consider it a valuable addition to core.

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2889
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2361> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2361> for details.

Cheers, Stefan