Hi,

I would like to write an component that will retrieve page-specific
information using AJAX from the javascript running in the browser and
interpret it itself instead of having wicket rendering the content.

This approach is slightly different from the usual behavior as in those
cases a wicket component renders its own content again and the page is
updated with the new content of the component. In this case however, I would
like to return an XML document which is interpreted by the javascript
directly, where the XML document is page specific.

How can I achieve such a scenario? Any examples somewhere? Is there a
specific Component type or behavior I should use?

Cheers
  Erik