A -1 vote would be a vote against dropping support.  You seem to be making
an argument for dropping it.  Plus it wasn't your -1, was it?

On Sep 2, 2010 3:41 AM, "Wilhelmsen Tor Iver" <toriv...@arrive.no> wrote:
>> Usually -1 votes should be accompanied by a justification if you want
>> them to be considered seriously. Why are you voting -1?
>
> Moving portlet support to a separate project (instead of core or
extensions) makes more sense, that is at least one justification.

> (I guess this would in effect be making a "portlet bridge" like IIRC the
support pre-1.4-m2 used. But then it could be moved over to the Apache
portlet bridge project as a whole, if that is still active?)

> Popularity of JSR-168/286 seems to be waning, and people instead use
portals implemented directly on top of a content system instead...