Using WicketTester, is it required to initialize each page under Test with
tester.startPage()?

I'm currently starting at a LoginPage and submit a form on that page to go to
an IndexPage. Now the component tree of that page does not have the expected
structure. After calling startPage() for the same page class, the component
tree is correct:

        tester.startPage(appl.getHomePage());
        tester.assertRenderedPage(LoginPage.class);

        FormTester formTester = tester.newFormTester("loginPanel:logInForm");
        formTester.setValue("username", LOGIN);
        formTester.setValue("password", PASSWORD);
        formTester.submit();
        tester.assertRenderedPage(IndexPage.class);

        tester.debugComponentTrees();         // some components are missing
        tester.startPage(IndexPage.class);
        tester.debugComponentTrees();         // this is now the expected tree

In particular, the difference between the two component trees is that a list
view in the first tree is missing all list items.

I don't really understand what's going on here, so any hints would be very
helpful. (I'm using Wicket 1.4.10.)

Best regards,

Harald