I haven't been following this that closely (I've only been acquainted
with Wicket for a few days) but on installing Wasp and Swarm and then
(on learning it wouldn't be a final solution) giving up on it to go
back to wicket-auth-roles as a simpler solution, might there be
another possibility? Why not work on finalising a wicket-security
package that is comprised on a security API (with no implementation),
then have Wasp, Swarm, some kind of Spring bridge, etc. as competing
implementations? That would permit a stable security solution to be
provided via API whilst not "polluting" the core with an unproven
solution, or with a solution that will always have
application-specific alternatives.

Just an idea anyway.

As to name, please choose one that isn't too cute. It doesn't have to
be a brand, just a recognisable name or just an acronym with a
reasonable explication.

Ichiro