James,

We have just never before had to do this for specific type conversions
 (as opposed to for validation message which we specify and
internationalize on almost every system we build), and I solved
fachoch's problem by looking through the Wicket source code first
rather than at its Javadoc (should be the other way round!), when in
this case it turns out the Javadoc would have given me the most
elegant answer.

I actually think that this Javadoc is in the right place (on the
FormComponent class) but still not the first place someone might think
to look - where else do you think it could be that would make it more
easily accessible/findable?

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development