Hi,

I'm assuming this is a dumb question but I wasn't able to locate an answer
for what must be an extremely common need. I found the docs on "How to
modify an attribute on a HTML tag" but that doesn't quite fit, as the examples
are all for elements that are themselves created programmatically. Mine is
solely in markup.

I've got a lot of HTML markup surrounded by a <div> element. The <div>
element isn't created via Wicket, it's in my HTML file. It has a fair bit of
descendent content so I don't want to have to create that via Java, as
I'm assuming if I put a wicket:id on the <div> element that would replace
everything within the <div>. I just want to programmatically alter its 'class'
attribute, but I don't see how this is accomplished.

E.g.,

        ... etc.

This would effectively be some kind of query to locate the <div> element,
then a modification of its 'class' attribute.

Alternately, if I am required to create the <div> element programmatically,
how I attach a whole lot of HTML markup to it? Do I have to use a fragment?
That seems like a lot of work to just alter an attribute value, so like I said,
I must be missing something obvious here...

Ichiro