Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I did some debugging and think that the problem is more
to do with my logic.

This is what is currently happening:
1. PageA has a login link
2. Clicking the login link causes a new http request to the link listner
3. the link onClick method does a redirectToInterceptPage - forwarding the user
to the Signin panel
4. On successful authentication, Wicket forwards the user to the
interceptContinuationUrl, which is the last http request - to the link listner
(step 2)
5. Wicket processes the link's onClick method. As there is no page to display,
Wicket re-render the last page that was displayed (the signin page)

I changed the link to an AjaxLink and the functionality works are required. The
below code fragment from the 'PageMap' explains why:

// The intercept continuation URL should be saved exactly as the
// original request specified.
// Only if it is an ajax request just redirect to the page where the request is
from.
if (cycle.getRequest() instanceof WebRequest &&
((WebRequest)cycle.getRequest()).isAjax())
{
    interceptContinuationURL =
cycle.urlFor(cycle.getRequest().getPage()).toString();
}
    else
{
    // wicket-2061: getURL() returns a properly <b>decoded</b> URL. But we need
is a
    // properly <b>encoded</b> URL.
    interceptContinuationURL = "/" + cycle.getRequest().getURL();
    interceptContinuationURL =
WicketURLEncoder.FULL_PATH_INSTANCE.encode(interceptContinuationURL);
}

I'm not sure whether I should stick with an AjaxLink or manually forward to the
signin panel with the refferer URL as a query parameter. I'm a bit weary about
using Ajax.

Cheers,
Nim