well, you do have apache infront of tomcats, which *is* a proxy. i
would write a jmeter script that tried to reproduce this and when you
can run it against tomcat (not going through apache) and see if you
can repro it that way. im guessing its something in your apache config
since you are the only one having this issue.

-igor