Use a hidden Iframe to make your upload using the Servlet  approach that
Jeremy describe.

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 2:12 AM, exl [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+3081409-1187169087-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b3081409-1187169087-65...@n4.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> This is how I interpreted your last post Jeremy (please see attached code
> fragments:
> TestingServlet.txt<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n3081409/TestingServlet.txt>)
>

> The new approach appears to trigger the separate servlet, but the problem
> is that it also redirects the browser to the separate servlet's URL (and
> confirms my suspicion that "the Wicket application loses control" as I
> queried in a previous post).
>
> The requirements I'm trying to achieve are:
> - The Wicket application accepts parameters from the user, potentially
> including a file upload.
> - When the user hits submit, some processing needs to be done in the
> background to update the backend (e.g. decode and import the contents of the
> file).
> - However, the user should be allowed to continue doing other things in the
> Wicket application.
> - The user will be notified via email that the background processing has
> been completed and then they can come back to interact with the newly
> created information.
>
> So am I still approaching this correctly?
>
> Thanks in advanced,
> Eric.

Sincerely,
JC (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcgarciam)
--Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.--