I have the following use case :

Having built a page using a standard ListView and implementing
populateItem(), I then want to pass the ListView to  a method, extract the
contents, and use those contents to build a spreadsheet, cvs file, etc. This
way, there will be no need to repeat the same logic (i.e. the logic used in
populateItem()), in more than one place.

What is the best way to extract this information?  In the debugger I can see
that the 'children' variable of the ListView has the info I want, but it is
not clear to me how, using the API, to get the ListView objects from the
ListView.

As always, help is greatly appreciated.