I have a piece of Ajax code, attached to some field (let's call it
sourceField), which looks like this:

sourceField.add(new AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior()
{

     protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target)
     {
           target.addComponent(Field2);

As you can see, Field2 is not changed in any way, it is not cleared or
modified (so this code shouldn't really do anything).

However, when this Ajax runs on changing the sourceField, the Field2's
values get erased! Field2 is actually a CheckBoxMultipleChoice, and all the
checkbox selections get erased as soon as I do target.addComponent().

Why does this happen? Any ideas on what's causing this?

(Field2 is a CheckBoxMultipleChoice, initially initialized with some list,
and its outputMarkerId = true, to make it work with Ajax.)

Thanks