If you use some kind of Unix then run: kill -3 <process id of
tomcat/jetty/...)
This will dump the threads' stack traces in the process standard out
(somewhere in the log files).
This way you can see whether there are threads waiting for something.

Making 20 requests and stopping responding could mean that your
application/setup leaks connections and
at some point the web server stops responding to new clients.