The markup of AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable comes from Data table and is:

<wicket:panel>
<thead>
  <wicket:container wicket:id="topToolbars"></wicket:container>
</thead>
<tfoot>
        <wicket:container wicket:id="bottomToolbars"></wicket:container>
</tfoot>
<tbody wicket:id="body">
</tbody>
</wicket:panel>

maybe you can create a MyAjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable and use the markup

<wicket:panel>
<thead>
       <wicket:container wicket:id="bottomToolbars"></wicket:container>
</thead>
<tfoot>
        <wicket:container wicket:id="topToolbars"></wicket:container>
</tfoot>
<tbody wicket:id="body">
</tbody>
</wicket:panel>

Haven't tried to do the above trick myself but I think It might  work;-)

Ernesto