I have an Ajax Button which is NOT a submit button; it's a custom button that
does my own action.

AjaxButton reportButton = new AjaxButton("reportButton") {

        @Override
        protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget arg0, Form<?> arg1) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                          //....
};
add(reportButton);

The button is in the HTML as
<input wicket:id="reportButton"  type="button"  value="Report" />

When I click the button, the Form's OnSubmit() gets executed for some
reason. I can see that if I place debug statements in that method. Why is
that? I don't want to submit the form on clicking this AjaxButton.