I guess you added an IValidator to the text field validating the input for
US zip before, both remove it from the component when this is not the
country being informed, or provide an IValidator aware of the
selected country, as your textfield already are: determining the converter
to be used based on selected country.

--
Pedro Henrique Oliveira dos Santos