Thanks for the reply... I was able to render the pdf in browser with the
following piece of code:

ResourceStreamRequestTarget target = new ResourceStreamRequestTarget(null){

                                @Override
                                public void detach(RequestCycle requestCycle) {
                                        // TODO Auto-generated method stub

                                }

                                @Override
                                public void respond(RequestCycle requestCycle) {
                                        try{
                                OutputStream out =
requestCycle.getResponse().getOutputStream();
                                                out.write(stream.toByteArray());
                                                out.flush();
                                                stream.close();
                                        }
                                        catch(Exception e){
                                                e.printStackTrace();

                        };

getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(target.setFileName("eFile.pdf"));

But now the problem is that the file name I set in the last line doesnot
work. It renders as

<ClassName>.pdf

Any suggestions??? Thanks