Hi,

I'm using wicket 1.5-RC1 in an OSGi container. There was an issue when
upgrading related to package names
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-3088)

Now I tried upgrading to 1.5-rc2 and found that there is no aggregate
jar file anymore. I then read the discussion-thread "[discuss] How to
resolve wicket aggregate classes / sources jar issues".
(nabble:
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/discuss-How-to-resolve-wicket-aggregate-classes-sources-jar-issues-td3234420.html
 )
As it states, the aggregate jar has been removed from the wicket
distribution. Now, this introduces the very same issues described in
WICKET-3088 again.

While I can just repackage wicket myself and create a aggregate jar to
feed the osgi container, it is first more inconvenient :) and secondly,
there is then no real reason to have the wicket-xxx jars export
packages, as they won't work in an OSGi container one by one anyways. I
cannot add all single jars to the osgi container, because of the clashes
in export-package.

so in summary, there is another use case where the aggregate jar is
really helpful: when using wicket with osgi. But it only is, because
the single wicket jars export the same packages (for example,
wicket-request and wicket-core both export
org.apache.wicket.request.handler).

Are there any thoughts of adding this aggregate jar to the distribution
back again?

kind regards,
eike