The state of the checkboxes is determined by the model.  So, just make
sure the model doesn't contain those values.  Take a look at:

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket14/forminput/

for an example.  The model isn't completely obvious (which is why I
dislike CompoundPropertyModels), but the values that will be checked
will be the ones that are contained in the FormInputModel's
"numbersCheckGroup" property (which is an ArrayList<String>).  So, if
a Check's model value is contained in the "numbersCheckGroup" list,
then that Check will be selected.