1. first I'd like to ask if there is any good reading material out there
regarding models. In particular I want to figure out all the nifty things
you can do with them via nesting/chaining etc. I've read Wicket in Action ..
but it seemed to gloss over the advanced stuff you can do with them .. and
I've read the docs.. and just from reading those, well it's not obvious what
you can do with them and why...

2. I have a specific problem and I'm looking for some hints. I have a foo
bean that I get from a DAO layer. The foo bean has the usual name,
description String properties. It also has an array of 'widget' beans called
'widgets'. The widget beans also have a name and description properties ans
well as various others.
So I have a form and I map the foo.name, foo.description properties to
TextField components using a compundpropertymodel. The 3rd component is a
ListView, which I want to use to display the widgets.
First problem I run into is that the ListView model needs to be a List, not
an array of Widget. So the compoundpropertymodel barfs at this point. I
don't have any control over the beans and I'd rather not wrap them .. I want
to bind the components directly to the bean properties.

I'm wondering if there is a neat trick I can use involving model nesting or
something like that to solve this problem? Or maybe there is a way to tell
the CPM that for property 'widgets' .. do something different.. like
array-to-List conversion ..

I'm a wicket newbie and the model-penny hasn't quite dropped yet.. so any
help would be most appreciated.
TIA