On 07 Apr 2011, at 09:54, Hielke Hoeve wrote:

> Maarten says:
>       Writing what should be JavaScript in your wicket Java code is quite
> out-of-place, and generally all you need to do is place your code where it
> belongs, in a .js or your markup.
>
> I wonder if he ever really used WiQuery or even looked how it's used. Or for
> that matter used jQuery. What you *don't* need to do with WiQuery is write js
> code in your java classes and we recommend to put all js code in js files and
> load them as a resource!

When I said "Writing what *should* be JavaScript in your wicket Java code ...",
what I was referring to is things like (ref. wiQuery Quickstart):

JsScope.quickScope("alert('foo')");

to represent:

function() {
alert('foo');
}

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure wiQuery has its place and use.  As I said, tightly
integrating jQuery components with your Wicket application logic is probably
much easier done with this abstraction layer.

It's just important to know that wiQuery isn't a requirement for being able to
do jQuery in a wicket application, or any sort of custom JS/AJAX for that
matter.  And if wiQuery has indeed matured a lot, and you aren't at risk of
code injection, then sure, have at it - where it makes sense.