you mounted the package on root, which means when the browser requests
/favicon.ico wicket will think that the browser is asking for a wicket
page named my.domain.favicon.ico and will try to instantiate a class
with that name, thus the error. it should ultimately result in a 404
sent to the browser.

-igor