Hi lucast,

it would help watching source code of event's class to figure out what's wrong
Dear Forum,
I have yet another question about  PropertyModel not binding to an object
field but this time using DropDownChoice.

In my form I have
DropDownChoice<HowOftenType>  eventOccurHowOftenDropDownChoice = new
DropDownChoice<HowOftenType>("eventOccurHowOften", new
PropertyModel<HowOftenType>(event, "occurrHowOften"),
HowOftenType.getOccurHowOftenValues(), new ChoiceRendererHowOftenType() );

"occurrHowOften" is a field of object event,
HowOftenType.getOccurHowOftenValues() return a list of Enum and
ChoiceRendererHowOftenType simply implements getDisplayValue and getIdValue
for IChoiceRenderer.

When processing the form, after having filled the
eventOccurHowOftenDropDownChoice, event.getOccurrHowOften returns null.

As explained on
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/PropertyModel-not-binding-TextField-td3527074.html
my previous post , when analysing the content of the above
eventOccurHowOftenDropDownChoice while debugging on Eclipse, the
eventOccurHowOftenDropDownChoice.data contains an instance of event object
and the occurHowOften enum field is populated.

However, the original event.occurHowOften field is still null.
Why is PropertyModel not binding the DropDownChoice to the variable? what am
I missing here?

The interesting thing is that another field DropDownChoice<EventType>
eventTypeDropDown = new DropDownChoice<EventType>("eventTypeChoice",new
PropertyModel<EventType>(event, "eventType"),
Arrays.asList(EventType.values()));
which is binding an enum field to event object is working absolutely fine.
The only difference between the two is that on this one I am not passing an
IChoiceRenderer object.

Even when I don't use the IChoiceRenderer instance on the former, the
PropertyModel is still not binding the DropDownChoice value to
event.occurHowOften variable.

These are very simple form fields and I still don't get what I'm doing
wrong. Can you spot where I am making some sort of mistake?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas