Hello,

1) I have a custom validator that implements INullAcceptingValidator.
2) A TextField component in my form has validator (1) attached to it and is setRequired(false). 3) When I submit my form with the text input empty, the validator does NOT get called. It only gets called if there is a value with the HTML input field.

I was expecting that the validator would be invoked upon submission even if the text field is empty, in order to validate tha value "null". At least this is what I understand as far as INullAcceptingValidator goes. However, this does not appear to happen. Instead, Wicket goes on to call the form's onSubmit() method with the value "null" inside my model.

What am I missing?