Yep, this will work.

For each request to the page you'll have to reset the JS counter.
This JS counter will count from session-timeout to 0 and display some
notification when it reaches the treshold.
But you have to assure that this counter is reset for *every* request.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Arjun Dhar <dhar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just had an idea to solve both the problems. (please see if it makes sense)
>
> Well, what if we on every Page request tell the Browser how much time it has
> left = Session Duration. (Pass it via some param or header script variable)
> And let the Browser do house keeping for that window session.
>
> I'll put a script via WebPage.setHeader(...) in my base class; extended by
> all pages that use a session.
> The rest is taken care by the client.
>
> ..though am not sure if there is a way for me to inject into all pages that
> use a particular session object automatically or I should keep it simple and
> put it in the base WebPage class?
> (All WebPages may not share a common parent)
>

> thanks
>
> -----
> Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good;
> and when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com