Well, I'm hosting it on GAE and with new pricing model I have to worry about
instances, not memcache or things like that. And I don't have to do load
balancing. To be sure that data does not get lost between instances [which
could happen probably with big traffic and longer inactivity from user] I
can just have a check in getUser() method which could reload data from db if
needed. I wonder if enabling multithreading could cause problems...

too many instances due to that. Right now it looks like I can get data fast
from session and do a persist in 15-30ms. Add time for all calculations of
course. Numbers may be different with more users though.

Anyway, I'm fairly new to programming and Wicket, so I don't know what's
fast or reasonable. Just trying to figure if I'm going in good direction
before it's too late to change it.