I am creating an input field that should accept numbers only, so I defined my
TextField component as follows,

TextField<Number>(String markupId, IModel<Number> model)

I am "forcing" the model update by adding
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onblur")...

The model doesn't appear to be getting updated (works okay if defined as
TextField<String>).

I am wondering if the alternate constructor format is required to make it work
with types not derived from a String, as in,

TextField<Number>(String markupId, IModel<Number> model, Number.class)  //
explicitly specify the type

I thought moving to support generics in wicket eliminated the need for this
kind of syntax.

Is specifying the type (e.g., class) the solution,  or do I need to add a
specific type converter for type Number???

Thanks,
J.D.