My guess is that you are using a custom DataProviderAdapter with a custom
AbstractPageableView. If this is the case, the workaround is to override
AbstractPageableView.wrapQuery() to wrap the IQuery into an IGridQuery
similar to DataGridBody.Data.wrapQuery().

I am working on a solution to solve this on the 1.5 branch.

Attila