Don't worry about the synchronization of markup ids. Inside my
"populateItem" method I did:

Label moreInfo = new Label("more-info", "more-info");
                moreInfo.setOutputMarkupId(true);
                moreInfo.setMarkupId("more-info" + listItem.getIndex());

and the same thing with the WebMarkupContainer.

--
Rodrigo H M Bezerra