The only thing that has changed about or development environment would have
been moving from wicket 1.4 to 1.5 so I am led to believe it is not Jboss.
We have tried turning resource polling off and it doesn't seem to change
anything.  We've stepped through the resource request cycle and can watch it
open and close connections. So it is interesting that while the app server
is running in windows  as soon as you save an open CSS or JS file eclipse
will through an error.