One step further. My original assumption was wrong. It is a problem with
iframes and the configuration of our firewall. But the situation hasn't
improved.

The url of the link is:

?wicket:interface=:85:border:_body:dialogContainer:contentPanels:infoTextContentPanel:externalLinks:0:externalLink::IResourceListener::

Now i have to prepend my  servlet path e.g. /mybaseurl/mypath to the
relative url of the link, e.g.:

/mybaseurl/mypath/?wicket:interface=:85:border:_body:dialogContainer:contentPanels:infoTextContentPanel:externalLinks:0:externalLink::IResourceListener::

FurtherMore i need an Ajax-ResourceLink (which i think doesn't exist by
now).