Thanks Martin,

that worked. Is this still the way to go in wicket 1.5?

Thanks
Mike
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Mike Mander<wicket-m...@gmx.de>  wrote:
Hi,

my usecase: Google caches page urls from our old shop. Because we changed
the url layout i have to redirect all page requests to the new page.

I did that this way
wicket-1.4.18

    @Override
    protected void onBeforeRender() {
        super.onBeforeRender();
        final String url = RequestCycle.get().urlFor(getRedirectPageClass(),
getRedirectPageParameters()).toString();
        RedirectRequestTarget target = new RedirectRequestTarget(url) {
          @Override
          public void respond(RequestCycle requestCycle) {
            WebResponse response = (WebResponse) requestCycle.getResponse();
            response.reset();

response.getHttpServletResponse().setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_MOVED_PERMANENTLY);
            response.redirect(url);
          }
        };
        getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(target);
    }

Until now my wicket 1.5 solution looks like this:

    @Override
    protected void onBeforeRender() {
        super.onBeforeRender();
        final String url = RequestCycle.get().urlFor(getRedirectPageClass(),
getRedirectPageParameters()).toString();
        RedirectRequestHandler target = new RedirectRequestHandler(url) {
            @Override
            public void respond(IRequestCycle requestCycle) {
            WebResponse response = (WebResponse) requestCycle.getResponse();
            response.reset();
            ((HttpServletResponse)
response.getContainerResponse()).setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_MOVED_PERMANENTLY);
            response.redirect(url);
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
org.apache.wicket.request.http.WebResponse.sendRedirect(String)
          }
        };
        getRequestCycle().setRequestTarget(target);
org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.scheduleRequestHandlerAfterCurrent(IRequestHandler)
    }

It is not compiling because of the marked code pieces.
I've already checked the migration guide.

Thanks for helping me out.
Mike