On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM, nino martinez wael
<nino.martinez.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've UTF-8 encoded all my files, setup tomcat to support utf-8 and
> everything.. But something did'nt work because my chars where all garble..
>
> Then I tried all sorts of stuff, only to discover that nothing worked.
> Finally I figured out that I was using .property files and not
> .property.xml , apparently java does not support utf-8 in .property files.
>
> A warning on having utf-8 content in .property files would be nice.. Or is
> it just general knowledge?

For me this is a well known fact but many people still hit this problem,
I'd love to see a Java program that accepts file as input and returns
what encoding is used. There are some tricks with checking the first
few bytes but I've never seen something stable that works for all
possible encodings.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend