Hi,

Geoff Hayman raised this issue previously here:
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Wicket-1-5-setResponsePage-page-still-tries-to-render-HTML-before-redirect-td3819145.html

but apparently got no response (and Nabble won't let me reply to that for
some reason... conspiracy?)

I've run into the same issue- with 1.5, you can no longer short-circuit the
constructor of a page, as Wicket complains if all the components haven't
been added so as to match the HTML. I often use this for things like access
control- if some condition isn't met, set the response to another page
without rendering any components. If this is an improper use of the
framework, what is the correct pattern for dealing with this?

I can work around this by rendering dummy data to my components, but that's
rather ugly.

Thanks