I have ported my app from 1.4.18 to 1.5.1 (I haven't used 1.5.3 yet).

As part of my porting, I had to adjust the use of page parameters. I would
like to mention my changes for parameter extraction and existence
determination below, in case someone can mention a cleaner way to do these
things...

  import org.apache.wicket.util.string.StringValue;

Replace

  if (params.containsKey([Param name]))
  {
    String sValue = params.getString([Param name]);

with

  List<StringValue> liSVs = params.getValues([Param name]);
  if ((liSVs != null) && !liSVs.isEmpty())
  {
    StringValue svValue = liSVs.get(0);
    String sValue = svValue.toOptionalString();

and replace

  String sUserName = params.getString([Key name], [Empty default string]);
  if (!sUserName.isEmpty())